Saturday, June 8, 2013

30 Before 30 List - the (almost) halfway point update


I am about halfway through the year I gave myself to accomplish everything on my 30 Before 30 list and I think I'm doing pretty good so far! 

30 Before 30

1 – Host a dinner party for 6 people. - Not crossed off yet but I plan on having an outdoor dinner later in the summer :) 
2 – Lose at least 30 lbs - Working on it... 
3 – Lay on a beach in the sun while drinking margaritas 
4 – Blog 30 days in a row
5 – Sing karaoke - CHECK! Sang Shania with the bride at a wedding last weekend. It was quite the show. LOL 
6 - Have $_____ in savings (I know the number but I don't think I need to put it onto my blog) - About half way to the goal. Right on track. 
7 - Celebrate my 30th b-day in style! - Can't be checked off until the end of the year obvs. 
8 – Write a good chunk of my book - This is a work in progress. And it has been on my mind a lot lately. I need to take a few days to myself and type out what is all in my head. 
9 – Host a theme party - I have plans... oh do I have plans! But for later in the year. 
10 – Have a completely Sober October
11 – Do something that is completely selfless - Not quite sure if I am counting this as my "selfless act" but I just gave away about half of my wardrobe. FIVE suitcases worth. 
12 – Do something that scares me - CHECK! Done a few so far this year: Went into this CREEPY (at first) cave at Ainsworth Hot Springs, still need to blog about that trip! And I also pet a manta-ray in Vegas! 

13 – Send 5 people cards for no reason in particular except to make their day.
14 – Forgive my sister…
15 – Wear red lipstick (not on Halloween)
16 – Write a poem that I’m proud of
17 – Fly a kite
18 – Play hooky from work and get day drunk
19 – Watch every movie that has won an Academy Award for Best Picture (already started this one! If you want a copy of the list let me know) - This is a work in progress, I've watched 27 out of 85 so far. 
20 – Create a funny youtube video. - CHECK! There are actually 3 or 4 different videos technically. BiSC was truly amazing. 


21 – Try 10 foods I’ve never had before. - CHECK! - dried mango, gnocchi, Shamrock Shake, spaghetti squash, buffalo, fennel, crawfish, ever-clear, biscuits and gravy, snapper. 
22 – Sign up for a fitness class and attend all classes. No excuses. - CHECK! - Zumba, two rounds. Boom! 
23 – Cook a new recipe every month. One that I’ve never tried before. - Right on track! January was a buffalo chicken meatloaf. February was roasted butternut squash soup. March was scalloped corn. April was roasted spaghetti squash and then May was a spicy turkey spaghetti sauce on spaghetti squash. Can you tell I really like spaghetti squash now? 
24 – Go on a vacation, somewhere hot. - CHECK! ... VEGAS!!!! 
25 – Put a tag/sticker on ALL articles of my clothes and shoes. If I don’t wear it by the end of the year, get rid of it. - I didn't put stickers/tags on but I went through EVERYTHING a few weeks ago when I was getting rid of a lot of clothes so I know what I have worn this year and what I haven't yet. 
26 – Try to only wax my legs for the whole year, no shaving. - Totally been doing this all year and it's been awesome so far. I may even stick with this forever? 
27 – Buy coffee for the person behind me in line at Tim Horton’s. - CHECK!
28 – Teach someone something new. - CHECK! Taught a few people how to gamble in Vegas! 
29 – Figure out the “art” of liquid eye liner. - CHECK! 
30 – Drink tea everyday. - Been pretty much on track with this too! 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT ALL OF THESE THINGS. Keep up the good work, lady! (Also, I love that some of these happened with me. It gives me all the warm fuzzies.)

Angela Tolsma said...

your doing fabulous! I love seeing progress!

Caryn said...

Awesome progress!! Spaghetti squash is the best! I rarely eat real pasta anymore. also,ever-clear - that isn't a food... i guess it makes you wasted so you drunk eat... does that count?
What is your book about!?!?

donating clothes counts. and you can add helping flood victims to selfless act.

YOU CAN TOTALLY ROCK RED LIPSTICK! I love mine. DO IT!

I'd advise on skipping 18 for a while....

I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU SO!!

Caryn said...

Awesome progress!! Spaghetti squash is the best! I rarely eat real pasta anymore. also,ever-clear - that isn't a food... i guess it makes you wasted so you drunk eat... does that count?
What is your book about!?!?

donating clothes counts. and you can add helping flood victims to selfless act.

YOU CAN TOTALLY ROCK RED LIPSTICK! I love mine. DO IT!

I'd advise on skipping 18 for a while....

I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU SO!!

Lip Smacker said...

So, #18 is pretty much a weekly occurrence for me! ;) Great list!