Saturday, January 26, 2013

How NOT to bleach a beard.

In December, the boyfriend and I went to an "End of the World" party.
The boyfriend drank a bit too much. Conversations arose about his beard and how big it had gotten. Somehow he was convinced that if it was white he would look like Santa. It was just before Christmas and since it was the "end of the world" and he was way too many drinks in, he thought it would be a good idea too. Oh boy...  

So he bleached it...


And for a while he looked like a wizard... 



But it wasn't going white enough so he wanted us to add heat to boost it...


 After 2 hours... this is what he ended up with.


Yes, that is an orange/yellow beard instead of white. And yes, thats still dark brown hair on top. I told him it wouldn't work but he didn't listen to me. Plus I wanted him to get rid of it so i figured if he bleached it and hated it he would just shave it off in the morning. Boy was I wrong...

He woke up the next morning and said "It's not Santa... but I kinda like it... I look like Hulk Hogan... I think I should keep it". Oh god...

We had other holiday parties to go to that weekend and he LOVED his beard and wanted to show it off so I made a deal with him that he could keep the ugly orange-beard as long as it was either gone or died back by Christmas Eve dinner with my family. He died it. Actually... I died it. So weird.

I thought I hated the beard before but after seeing orange-beard... I will take brown-beard any day.

7 comments:

Lip Smacker said...

That is too funny! I love it! I decided one day in college that I wanted to be blonde, and stupid me, I thought I could do it myself! By the time I was done, my roommates were calling me Pumpkin Head! Thankfully, it was around Halloween so I was able to play it off!

Angela Tolsma said...

ohhhh yikes!! that's hilarious!!

Try a blue shampoo if he still has it, might help with some of the orange

terra said...

Oh my goodness - that bleached beard is terrifying!

suki said...

the yellow almost makes it cartoonish. wow - so crazy.

The Creative Mixx said...

Haha..Hilarious! Glad you decided to dye it:)

The Creative Mixx said...

Haha...hilarious! I am glad you both decided to go for the dye job

Anonymous said...

Dye.