Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A little bit stronger...

One year ago today... THIS happened to me.



(before surgery)

It fucking hurt. A lot.
And it happened in a blink. I slipped on the ice, fell just the wrong way and BAM! Broken leg, surgey the next day, no walking for 2 months, lost job, etc., etc.



(after surgery - titanium rod and screws in)


But as I write this post I feel... stronger.
Stronger then I was one year ago. I feel like I'm a fighter. I know now that no matter what knocks me down I can (and will) get back up. I feel that the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" was engraved in the titanium rod that was put in my bone and the power from that statement radiates through my body on a daily basis.

If you are going through anything similar or any type of setback in your life I hope you feel the strength that I'm sending you through writing this post. I hope you fight. And I know that you can get through anything. You will be a better person in the end because of it.

4 comments:

Gabby said...

Wow. What a great post and reminder.

Anonymous said...

Wow, i can't believe how fast a year went by! I'm so proud of you! You are strong and beautiful! Love the last paragraph!

Angela Tolsma said...

A Year!! That's amazing! great last paragraph

terra said...

Congratulations on all this awesome progress! Crazy that it's already been a year!